Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Breakfast Casserole

Ah.. what a wonderful breakfast, though I should warn you that this is best eaten as brunch. Once we remember to put out spoon down and drink our juices and coffee and what have we, the stomach has been growing all sides.

Anyway, I took the recipe from Everyday Home Cook which is rapidly becoming my bible to cook anything simple and delicious. Here's the original recipe, and here's how I did mine. Sans exact measurement.


Prep done on the night before: On your casserole dish, cubed some left over bread just enough to fill in the bottom. Layer with bacon, some mushroom, and grated cheddar. 

In a medium bowl, whisk some eggs (I used 3 eggs), 1 tsp dijon moutard, salt and pepper, and lastly, milk. 
Pour the egg-milk mixture into your casserole dish (or in my case, my casserole cover) and left it soak over night inside the fridge. 


On the actual day, bake for about 30 mins over 200 C. 
I actually went back to sleep till the smell of bacon & egg woke me up.
Do not follow my footstep. H gave me a long speech over this.


Enjoy & have a great rest of the week!

(Thanks Alicia for the great idea!)

No comments:

Post a Comment