First, do the lemon infused oil.
In a cast iron, pour OO just enough to cover the base and throw in some slices of lemon. I used 3 slices, which then I cut into half moon, then further into quarter.
Let it cook/fry until caramelization happens. Yeap, you read it right. After 5-10 mins, you'll start seeing the edges turn brown and starts to caramelize. Cook for about 15 mins till done. Don't let it burn!
Carrot Salad Chez Nous (serve 2)
* 3 medium-large carrot, shredded
* 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, pounded
* 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, pounded
* 1 tsp black peppercorn, pounded
* 1/2 tsp paprika
* 3 tbsp chopped parsley
* 3 tbsp Orange juice
* cheddar, cubed.. quantity as desired
* 2 tbsp sliced almonds
* 1.5 tbsp Lemon infused oil
* 4 tbsp OO
* Balsamic vinegar
* In large bowl, add in your spices, orange juice, olive oil, lemon infused oil & some balsamic vinegar. Whisk well.
* Add in the shredded carrot, toss. Add in the parsley & the almonds, toss. Add in the cheddar, toss.
* Taste & adjust the seasoning if needed.