I made this as a party snack last weekend. I thought it's a smart way to introduce Asian food to the guests :) A conversation starter. Original recipe is from Kalyn's Kitchen here and here's how I modify her recipe.
Ginger, Onion & Sesame Beef Ball (makes 52 balls)
* 650 gr minced beef
* 1.5 tsp minced ginger
* 5 shallots, minced
* 3 large garlic cloves, minced
* 1.5 tbsp cilantro, minced
* 2 tbsp Sriracha Chili Sauce (You can use other chili sauce too)
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs
* 1.5 tbsp sesame seeds
* 1 tsp sea salt
* 1 tsp black pepper
* 1 egg, beaten
* In a large bowl, add in all ingredients and mix well with your hand. Keep in the fridge for about 30 mins to let the ingredients get to know with each other.
* Preheat oven to 175 C. Form meatballs with your hands. I used 2 tsp to form 1 ball.
* Grease the baking pan before lining the balls. Drip some OO on the balls, and turn them to let it coat with some oil.
* Bake for about 7 mins each side. Turn/ toss and put back for another 5 mins. Serve warm.
Verdict: the balls disappear quite quickly. They are surprisingly moist, though I'm tempted to put some cheese next time round to make it less dry. But then it won't be Asiatique anymore. H suggests making a dip which I completely agree.