Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Champignons farcis au Jambon & Amande

Ola. 

I wish I could tell you something monumental happened during the absence. Nope. Nein. Nich. H's company just forgot to pay the internet bill, as is the case every month. Before you say anything, mind you that he's working for a MNC. But even a big corporation such as his adapts to local flavor. 

Anyway, you'd be please to know that I'm still experimenting with recipes and do my own rendition. First coming up, stuffed mushroom. Original recipe came from this tapas book I bought last Xmas. 


It calls for pistachio (ka-ching), mushroom (double ka-ching) and jambon (ok..). Here's my Angolan version.

Stuffed mushroom with Ham & Almond (serve 2)


Ingredients
* 6 button mushroom, wiped clean and buttons removed
* 4 ham (I used salami this round)
* 1 knob butter
* handful of fresh almonds, toasted
* 5-6 medium shallots
* S+P


How to:
* Preheat oven to 175C. 

* Except the mushroom, add all ingredients into the food processor. Process till smooth. Add more butter if they are too crumbly or not sticking together. 

* Stuffed the mushroom with the paste and bake for 10 mins. 

Serve VERY HOT. 


No comments:

Post a Comment