Basically, Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Pepper & Goat Cheese Sandwich.
* 2 bread bun (or 1 ciabatta)
* 2 red bell pepper
* 1 slice onion (i.e several onion rings)
* Goat cheese (spread & the harder version)
* Cilantro for garnishing
* 2 tbsp OO
* 1 tsp garlic confit
* 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
* [Making the bell pepper] Char your bell pepper in the oven, 175 C for a good 30-40 mins. Immediately transfer to a box with a lid. Let it steam, then peel off the skin & remove the seeds. Cut into quarter.
* In a small bowl, mix OO, garlic confit, vinegar, S+P and add with sliced bell pepper. Cover and put the bowl in fridge. Let it soak for 1 hour or more to absorb the flavor.
* [Assembling the sandwich] toast your bread with a little butter over pan. Spread with some goat cheese on both sides. On the bottom side, layer the bell pepper, onion, and finally topped with goat cheese. Sprinkle with some black pepper and garnish with cilantro.
Voila! We loved it so much that we made another extra sandwich to share. We went to bed giddy and well fed.