Monday, November 14, 2011

Ramblings & Update

After my amounting frustration with this country, the worsening condition we experienced lately, my roller coaster emotion from promises broken abruptly made up with even bigger promises, I have to admit that I'm feeling much much better after last weekend's party at C&N's apartment. It was my first gathering that's not full of people from H's company. In fact, there were hardly any people from H's company. It was nice to finally chat with so many people from different background, about places they have lived in, the things they have encountered. It's good to tell my story and listen to their stories, it's comforting to know that our circumstance is hardly unique. It's good to be reminded to be grateful.

H is not someone who enjoys meeting new people. He doesn't actively search out people's company. I think he's a stay-at-home kinda guy. He's perfectly contented by resting at home throughout the weekend. On the other hand, I crave talking and gossiping with others, being active. If not because of transportation issue, I would have moved around more often. But for now, I need to be satisfied with a car pool from H's company.

Anyway, I think one of these days I'm going to break away from my normal routines and force H to accompany me. I heard about Luanda Hash (Aberdeen Hash, Addis Ababa Hash, Balikpapan Hash..) when I first came, never really had the guts to go alone. But now that I've met a Venezuelan lady who has been participating for 2.5 yrs, I'm more convinced to join. Maybe I can slowly train for a 10k run again. I also heard about Vinyasa yoga group somewhere in Luanda Sul, that'll be nice especially since I brought my mat with me.

And today is the day that we've been waiting for the last 6 months, the day that we're finally going to see our future abode. I am excited but nervous at the same time. We are not asking much, but please please please let it be a normal house. I'm hopeful.

My flu is getting better, my voice is no longer deep throaty (and sexy) and H had a LOT of rest. We certainly have a lot to be thankful for. Have a great week ahead, guys!

Bisous.

No comments:

Post a Comment