Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Potato, Leek & Garlic Soup

I wish I could tell you that I was brave, I was patient, I didn't lose my temper. But all three wasn't what happened last weekend. It was a nightmare. We barely had any sleep and as expected, more problem with transportation. All I want to do is scream. I'm tired! or why can't we live in a real country?? But when H asked if I regret marrying him, I can't possibly stay upset.

Anyway, after a Pneumonia scare, a faint spell and a run in with several doctors, we went home tired and sick. Literally. The neighbor is sick too, so I made a comfort soup to share.


Potato, Leek and Garlic Soup (serve 2)

Ingredients:
* 1 tbsp butter
* 1 leek, cleaned, sliced up till the beginning of dark green. Use as much as you want to.
* 2 medium sized potato, peeled and cubed
* Water + 1 cube vegetable bouillon (use vegetable stock if you have)
* 1 tsp garlic confit
* 1/3 cup of milk
* coarse sea salt
* freshly grounded black pepper
* Bacon for topping

How to:
* In a heavy bottom pot (preferably with a lid), over medium heat, melt the butter till it starts to foam. Add in the leek and a pinch of coarse sea salt. Cover and cook the leeks are soft.

* Add in the garlic confit and the potato, toss for a minute before adding the water, just enough until it submerges the potato, and the vegetable bouillon (or use stock). Cover and turn to low heat. It'll take approx. 20 mins but do check from time to time.

* Using standing food processor, process till smooth and add milk. Let it cook a little bit before turning the heat off. Taste & adjust. Season with black pepper, EVOO & bacon topping. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment