Anyway, after a Pneumonia scare, a faint spell and a run in with several doctors, we went home tired and sick. Literally. The neighbor is sick too, so I made a comfort soup to share.
Potato, Leek and Garlic Soup (serve 2)
* 1 tbsp butter
* 1 leek, cleaned, sliced
* 2 medium sized potato, peeled and cubed
* Water + 1 cube vegetable bouillon (use vegetable stock if you have)
* 1 tsp garlic confit
* 1/3 cup of milk
* coarse sea salt
* freshly grounded black pepper
* Bacon for topping
* In a heavy bottom pot (preferably with a lid), over medium heat, melt the butter till it starts to foam. Add in the leek and a pinch of coarse sea salt. Cover and cook the leeks are soft.
* Add in the garlic confit and the potato, toss for a minute before adding the water, just enough until it submerges the potato, and the vegetable bouillon (or use stock). Cover and turn to low heat. It'll take approx. 20 mins but do check from time to time.
* Using standing food processor, process till smooth and add milk. Let it cook a little bit before turning the heat off. Taste & adjust. Season with black pepper, EVOO & bacon topping. Serve immediately.