Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I shall give myself a huge pat on the back. I'm so very proud of myself. Another cookie and another success :) Tee hee.. baking ain't no difficult. No mountain ain't high enough perhaps. At least until I come face to face with croquembouche.

Anyway, I should give thanks to Smitten Kitchen for her great recipe.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ingredients:
* 113 gr butter, soften/ semi-melted
* 2/3 cup light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 3/4 C all purp. flour
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 1/2 C quick oats
* 3/4 C raisins
* 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped [I used a mixture of hazelnuts & walnuts]

How to:
* Preheat oven to 175 C

* In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract till smooth. In another bowl, sift in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt.

* Slowly whisk in the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Add in the oats, raisins & nuts. Once well incorporated, keep in fridge for about 30 mins (it is said to make the cookie thicker, I know no chemistry).

* Bake about 10-12 mins until edges are brown. You can bake longer if you like them crispy.

Come thursday, I'm off for some sun salutations in the morning and hopping to an island off Luanda for the rest of the afternoon. Yahoo! And I'm going to bring these sweeties and mac & cheese in a cup! You see, sometimes life is "tough" ;)

Ciao ma bella..

No comments:

Post a Comment