Inspired by Tuna Rangoon here, I sacrificed my wonton wrappers and made some party starters.
Tuna Wonton (yield 12 wontons)
* 2 tin of tuna, drained
* 2 wedges of cream cheese (I use President)
* 1.5 tsp mayonaise
* 2 green onions/ chives
* 1 small red onion
* 1 clove garlic
* 12 wonton wrappers. I used spring roll wrapper that I cut into 4 sheets each.
* Preheat oven to 175 C.
* Add the green onions/ chives, red onion & garlic in a food processor, and spin for 5-10 sec till they are roughly minced.
* Add the rest of ingredients and spin for another few second. Try not to make the paste too smooth. Some texture is better.
* On your wrapper, dump 1.5 tsp of tuna paste right in the middle. Wet the edges and fold into triangle. Repeat for the rest of wrappers.
* Bake for 10 mins or less, till brown. Leave in wire rack till cool. You do not want to burn your tongue.
Serve with cold beer :)
Personal note: I think I will add some water chestnut, or pistachio or diced prosciutto to give it even more texture as you bite through. Even some mushroom will be good. But H loves it as it is. The skin is very crispy and the tuna is very smooth :)
They are gone within 5 mins. Watch out, they are quite filling.