Sometimes all you need is a chicken and some green chillies :)
Recipe is courtesy of Nugraha Family here and here's how I did mine.
Green Chilli Shredded Chicken (3-4 pax as a side dish)
[A] Chicken marinate
* 2 chicken thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 chicken wings
* 3 cloves of garlic, smashed/ pounded
* 1 tsp coriander powder
* 2 tsp sugar (I used light brown sugar)
* 2 tsp salt
[B] Chilli sauce
* 7 large green chilli, roughly chopped
* 5 green chilli padi
* 5 cloves garlic, roughly cut/chopped
* 10 red onion, roughly cut/chopped
* 1 large green tomato (I didn't have green tomato, but used normal red tomatoes but with skin removed)
* 2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sugar (I used light brown sugar)
* 1 tsp terasi (dried shrimp paste)
* 1 lime
* 5 kaffir lime leaves
* (Chicken) Put all ingredients in [A] into a pot and fill with water until it covers the chicken. Boiled till done and set aside. Do not throw away the wonderful broth, you can re-use it.
* When the chicken is cool enough to handle, use your hand and shredded the meat. Throw away the skin and any other gunk. Set aside.
* (Chilli sauce) Heat up 3 tbs of oil and cook the large green chilli, chilli padi, garlic, onion and tomato till soft. Then using food processor, mashed them to your desired consistency. It's better when it's a little bit coarse.
* Heat up a little bit more oil before you put the mashed ingredients back into the pan. Add the salt, sugar, terasi and lime. Bunch/fold/tear the kaffir lime leaves before adding into the pan. Cook till you can smell the leaves.
* Add the shredded chicken and mix well. Taste and adjust to your liking :)
Enjoy it over warm rice. But just so you know, I overfed myself. This is soooo addictive.
n.b. You can just do the chilli sauce and use it as sauce on the side. Selamat makan!