But this dish? He wanted me to teach ma belle mere this dish. Enough said, no? Original recipe is somewhere in the internet, but I make this often enough to not remember what was inside the original recipe.
Moroccan Chickpea Soup (serves 2 as main dish)
* Cooked/ boiled chickpeas enough for 2
* 1/2 medium onion, chopped
* 2 sticks of celery, chopped
* 1 small carrot, diced
* 1 large tomatoes, chopped
* 1.5 cup chicken stock
* 1 cup water or more if you want it very soupy
* 3 tsp OO
* 1 tsp salt (add into the pot in batches)
* 1 tsp spring onion (mixed of white & green parts)
* half of a small lime
Note: If you are using dry chickpeas like I always do, make sure you soak them in water 8 hours, and boil using pressure cooker till soft.
* Heat up medium-sized pot with oil, and brown the onions till soft. Add in the celery and carrots, sprinkle some salt & cover the pot.
* Add in the chickpeas, tomatoes, chicken stock and water. Let it boil and tomatoes soft, before you add the spring onions and the salt & lime. Taste and adjust to your liking. Enjoy!
Note to self: I want to experiment with adding the rind of parmigianno. Nigel Slater said that it can smoothen (and add) some flavours in whatever soup you decide to do.