Alors, les bleus sont été battu par la Nouvelle-Zealande All Blacks. Hein, c'est dommage! J'ai prepare mon panier sur online shopping. Car s'ils avaient gagné, H serait m'acheté quelque robes. Mais le réalité est différent. Boh. Qu'est-que je peux faire? Rien.
Donc, je me fais un petit truc :) comme Chai Latte..
I had never tried this drink before, well until we were in Pretoria. Because H had been sick and weak and things were taking toll on me, I decided to splurge on a Chai Latte, basically a spiced Chai (Hindi & Urdu for tea) with a shot of espresso. Other people wouldn't have called it splurging. But at that time, I couldn't be bothered with anything else. I just wanted a little treat.
And today I decided to replicate it at home. It really is so very simple. Original recipe is from here, but I did mine with a "twist". You know I never follow recipes ;)
Chai Latte Chez Moi (serves 2 tall glasses)
* 2 cups of water
* 2 bags of black tea, any black tea will do.
* 2 cardamom pods, pounded/ grinded
* 1 full clove
* 1 cinnamon stick, 3cm long
* 1/4 tsp ginger powder
* 1 shot of espresso for each serving
* 1.5 - 2 tbsp condense milk for each serving
* Milk foam, optional
* Sprinkle of nutmeg, optional
* [Preparing the Chai base] Mix everything and boil for at least 5 mins.
* [Layering the flavors] Pour the chai base onto your mug and fill 3/4 cup. Add in the condense milk, stir, taste & adjust if needed. Lay over the milk foam on top, and sprinkle with some nutmeg.
* If you're having the espresso, leave the espresso on the espresso cup and serve it separately. Let your guest pour it himself :)
If you're making it only for yourself, don't bother to make it repeatedly every time you crave for one. Just make the base and refrigerate it. Reheat them for next time and add the necessary flavors.
I know I'm having Chai Latte tomorrow for breakfast ;)