Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 16: Pumpkin Fried Rice & Ice Cream Topping

One thing I miss the most from Singapore is my Yam rice with sliced-fish soup. I easily ate this twice a week for a late dinner post yoga. I couldn't find yam here, but this pumpkin rice is a good substitute :)



Pumpkin Fried Rice (2 pax)

Ingredients:
* 1/2 C pumpkin, diced 1x1 cm size.
* 1 shallot, thinly sliced
* 1 garlic, thinly sliced
* 1 tsp oyster sauce
* 1/2 tsp light brown sugar. You can use any sugar you have.
* 2 ebi (dried shrimp), soaked & chopped
* 2 dried mushroom, soaked & sliced
* 1.5 C of cooked rice (I use brown rice)
* chopped green onions & parsley for garnish

How to:
* Heat up some oil and fry the shallot & garlic till brown. Set aside.

* Using the same pan, pan-fry the diced pumpkin. Sprinkle some sugar (to caramelize it) and cook till soft.

* Once the pumpkin is soft, add in the cooked rice, mushroom, ebi and stir. Add in the oyster sauce and mix well. Taste and season with salt & pepper. Turn the fire off.

* Add the green onions, fried shallots & garlic and mix well, then plate up. Garnish with parsley right before serving.

I serve it with pan fry Cod fish and end our very satisfying lunch with vanilla ice cream with home made topping. Thanks Jamie for the great idea!!

2 tbsp coffee beans + 1 tbsp chocolate + 2 tbsp hazelnut grind in food processor


"Aren't you glad to be back at home?"
"Yes!!!!! I miss my wife's cooking... and now I'm going to nap"


H & his wonderbra.
"I'm Tom Cruise in Top Gun"

No comments:

Post a Comment