Pumpkin Fried Rice (2 pax)
* 1/2 C pumpkin, diced 1x1 cm size.
* 1 shallot, thinly sliced
* 1 garlic, thinly sliced
* 1 tsp oyster sauce
* 1/2 tsp light brown sugar. You can use any sugar you have.
* 2 ebi (dried shrimp), soaked & chopped
* 2 dried mushroom, soaked & sliced
* 1.5 C of cooked rice (I use brown rice)
* chopped green onions & parsley for garnish
* Heat up some oil and fry the shallot & garlic till brown. Set aside.
* Using the same pan, pan-fry the diced pumpkin. Sprinkle some sugar (to caramelize it) and cook till soft.
* Once the pumpkin is soft, add in the cooked rice, mushroom, ebi and stir. Add in the oyster sauce and mix well. Taste and season with salt & pepper. Turn the fire off.
* Add the green onions, fried shallots & garlic and mix well, then plate up. Garnish with parsley right before serving.
I serve it with pan fry Cod fish and end our very satisfying lunch with vanilla ice cream with home made topping. Thanks Jamie for the great idea!!
|2 tbsp coffee beans + 1 tbsp chocolate + 2 tbsp hazelnut grind in food processor|
"Aren't you glad to be back at home?"
"Yes!!!!! I miss my wife's cooking... and now I'm going to nap"
|H & his wonderbra. |
"I'm Tom Cruise in Top Gun"