Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cauliflower Relish

I was simply looking for an activity, any activity to make my weekend aimfull, instead of aimless. H has been away for 3 days and he's returning come Monday. So I was really ecstatic to see this recipe since I badly need to consume that cauliflower that has been sitting in my fridge for weeks!

I happen to have alll ingredients, and still I modify as I please :)

Cauliflower Relish (serve 2)

Ingredients:
* 1 medium heat of cauliflower, cut into small floret
* 1 big red chilli, deseed
* 2 anchovies
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 tsp thyme
* 1/4 large yellow bell pepper, diced
* 1.5 tsp diced red onion
* 2 bay leaves
* 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
* 3/4 tsp minced ginger
* 1-1.5 tsp lemon juice

How to:
* Blanched the cauliflower. Drained and set aside.

* In a pot, heat up the OO and add in garlic, chilli and anchovies till the anchovies melt.

* Add in the thyme, bell pepper, onion and bay leaf. Cover the pot till bell pepper turns soft. Add back the cauliflower and season with salt. Mix well and cover for 2-3 mins.

* Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add the vinegar into the pot used to cook the mixture. Cook till quantity has reduced to half. Once it does, add back the cauliflower mixture, ginger and lemon juice. Mix well till vinegar coat all cauliflower equally. Taste & adjust the seasoning.

I ate half of that immediately (it was so full of flavor!!) and keeping the other half on the fridge for tomorrow, as per recommended. I am curious how the taste will turn like ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment