Saturday, October 8, 2011

Nectarine Galette with Honey and Thyme

France won against England this morning, after the much embarrassing lost to Tonga, so we were in a celebratory mood (or H was) and since he's going away for next few days, we went on a shopping frenzy and bought almost everything I fancy. 

Ice cream? Check
Nectarines? Check
Crepe mix? Check
Pizza cutter? Check
...
check check check...

I had an extra galette dough in my freezer that I made for R's farewell dinner the other day and I figured today is a good day to do a nectarine galette infused with thyme & honey. 

Inspiration came from here.


If you ask me what my favorite herb is, I won't know how to answer. 
Thyme has a special place in my heart. Finger chicken strip with thyme, thyme tea, lemon thyme bread, ratatouille with thyme, thyme thyme thyme. I can sing praise of it. 


But on the other hand, I am absolutely gobsmacked by cumin seeds. 
every. single. time. 
For the love of curry, briyani, haleem, roast potatoes/cauliflowers/carrots and all things middle eastern, how can you not love it? I even added cumin seeds into my ratatouille. H never complains either ;)


Anyway, it's been a good day. Fruitful shopping and both of us are feeling a lot better. The 10-hour sleep every night must have helped a lot. 

Bon weekend a tous!


n.b. pardon for the poor photo, we really have poor lighting :(

No comments:

Post a Comment