Monday, September 19, 2011

Avocado Pizza with the ultimate pizza dough

Over the weekend, I tried a new recipe off Sweet Paul Magazine Fall 2011. Pizza with caramelized onion, gorgonzola & avocado.

I didn't manage to find gorgonzola, so I used Cheddar instead, same quantity.


Verdict:
I am disappointed that the pizza didn't live up to its wonderful promises, but I should have known this. Gorgonzola is probably the creamiest cheese, so substituting with cheddar is stupid. My bad. A bit on the dry side, needed a lot more salt, pepper & olive oil. The pizza was a bit too thick for a single serving - I would turn it into 1 large thin pizza and 1 medium thin pizza.

However, I have to say the pizza dough is the best. I have found the ultimate winning recipe. So please make way and do try this at home:

The Ultimate Pizza dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dry yeast (I used boulangerie yeast)
- 2.5 cup flour (I used white bread flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil

How to:
* Mix water, honey and yeast. Leave it to rest (proof) it around 5 mins.

* Add the remaining ingredients, shift the flour. Knead well.

* Cover with cling wrap, put in warm spot (I usually put it in my oven, at 50 celcius). Let it rise for 1 hour.

* After it raise, flatten it and move it into your pizza tray/ oven tray to make it a large pizza. For me, it would make 1 large + 1 medium pizza.

And the rest.. is your story. Put some topping and pop it into the oven 200 celcius. Bake till brown or till you grow impatient, whichever comes first. Bon chance! 


Me? I'm going to make some flammekuchen this wednesday, I have never tried a cream-base pizza before. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment