Sunday, September 11, 2011

Super Rugby Sunday Bash: Chicken Finger

H is a fan of rugby. So big that he'll wake up at 6.30am to watch a 7am game over the weekend. As a start, he rarely wakes up before noon if I let him be.

And as a doting wife (that I am), I prepare a snack the way Guy's Big Bite prepares for SuperBowl Final. With gusto and even bigger bite.

So while H was glued to the tv supporting South Africa, I prepared my uber reliable chicken finger. I made it often enough that I can contest French, American, Brit, Slovenian's sole complaint is not enough. Sorry lah!

Original recipe is from the now famous Pioneer Woman. You can find it here.  And here are my modifications:
* I made my own buttermilk, by using 1 cup milk - 1 tbsp milk + 1 tbsp white vinegar. Let it sit for 15 mins before mixing with the chicken.

* I usually pound my chicken, to tenderize the meat & better absorb the milk marinade. Usually.

* My secret is thyme. I add heaps of thyme into the final flour batter. It tastes great, looks great & smells great. Trust me on this.

* I put them in oven. My best friend.

As for the sauce, this is how H likes it:
1 tbsp mayonaise + 1 tsp Maille dijon moutard + 1 tsp Heinz ketchup + 1/2 tsp minced onion + a dash of red wine vinegar + salt + pepper.

et.. voila! Crispy crispy chicken finger.


Like a cattle being fed before slaughter, I'm prepping him with his fave before the big challenge tonight: Tofu.

"Look! Look! He winked at me."
"What? Who?"
"The Springbok's captain."
"How do you know?
"I looked at him, he looked at me. And he winked."

No comments:

Post a Comment